Dear Bertha

Dear Bertha,

I absolutely love the holidays but when my relatives pile into my house, I can’t help but want to hide in my room until the New Year. How can I enjoy the holidays with my family without losing my mind?

From,

Happy Hectic Holiday?

Dear Hectic,

I will admit, the holidays are a wonderful but chaotic time, which is why you should pace yourself this year. Family is easier to handle a little bit at a time. Instead of trying to fit all of the greeting into one day, spread it out so you can better appreciate your family. It also helps to take breaks and relax so you don’t have a family overload like most years. Remember that your family probably doesn’t try to be annoying or overly affectionate, they are just doing it because they love you and they want to cherish the time they have with you over the holidays.